Teeth of the Constitution

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

The Second Amendment is arguably the most important: it is the "teeth" of our Constitution.

As Thomas Jefferson said, "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Name:
Location: Rhinelander, Wisconsin, United States
  • Why a Paraguayan flag?
  • Sunday, April 17, 2005

    I Had a Dream...

    ...that I was talking with Senator Feingold on the phone and was trying to impress upon him the problem with Judicial activists. I was using as an example the Bush-Gore election where the Federal bench got involved in the election process and what a bad precedent that was.

    I explained that the people elect their representatives, and that judges should have no hand in elections, and... then I woke up.

    In any case, in my dream, Senator Feingold couldn't see why this was a problem, He just didn't get it.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment |

    << Home